Update! Miller Kitchen Candy has arrived!

The candy mold arrived. And so did my confectioners Swerve. My new go-to natural sweetener with no calories or carbs or things that make your tummy rumble. So, having just come from the dentist where it was determined my teeth and gums were healthy,  I felt it was the most appropriate time to attempt chocolates. Not chocolate bark. Not some weird looking blob on a tray. But chocolates. I have scoured the internet without success. I am beginning to suspect that the famous chocolatiers out there do not want to share their secrets. Fine. I'll create my own. Wait... that's it! Make your own. So I did.


Chocolate made to order.


Yep. Like that. They are a little sweet, so next batch I'm upping the cocoa and lowering the sweetness.

1/2 cup Cocoa Butter 
1/2 cup high quality cocoa (maybe 1/3 cup is better if you like it a little less dark)
1/4 cup Sweetener/sugar/whatever you use. I use powdered. better texture. 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

One 30 piece silicone candy mold. 

Sift the cocoa and sweetener into a medium size bowl and whisk together. Melt the cocoa butter in a saucepan gently. Not quickly, gently. Pour into the powdered mixture stirring constantly and slowly until well blended. Stir in Vanilla. Pour into mold. Now you can drop a nut in each one if you like, or a little coconut. Maybe some almond butter. Change it up. Then Freeze one hour. Pop out of the mold and eat one. Or two. Or three. They have about 39 calories each if you actually didn't swipe a few spoonfuls while you were mixing. No carbs. Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The evolving Brownie.

Funny thing about Funny Bones