The evolving Brownie.

Update!

So, here's a tweak for those who enjoy a thicker fudgier brownier. As if that is possible. So borrowing from Alton Brown's technique on baking, here you go. Double the recipe, and lower the temp to 300. Same pan. However, use parchment paper to form a sling, meaning line the bottom and come up on the sides so the parchment hangs over about 2 inches. This will allow you to transfer the whole uncut brownie to finish the cooling outside the pan.
Next change, beat the eggs with a paddle attachment on medium for 3 minutes first, then add all the dry ingredients. Then add the melted butter and vanilla.
Finally, bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, set for 15 minutes, put them back in for another 30 minutes. Once removed from the oven, go ahead and let them rest for 30 minutes. Then using the parchment transfer to the cooling rack for 10 minutes. Now cut into 16 brownies. Eat one. Just one. Dare you.

Original Post

So let's keep this simple. Everyday it seems we're blasted with new products to try that help us in our daily struggle to avoid sugar, gluten, grains and other ingredients that seem to be harmful to us. It's all very personal of course, each of us having our own issues. Mine being diabetes and high cholesterol. And let's be clear. After 15 years I can tell you in my case, it's not the fat in my diet that's killing me. It's sugar. For me, that means sugars found in all kinds of foods, and that includes grains. I also however am human. With all those imperfections, bad habits and irrepressible impulses. Like Chocolate. So every few weeks I try a new brownie recipe. Never quite right. Until now. This time, with the help of Amazon and some amazing finds, I've got it. Not that the others were bad, they were certainly good enough to get me by. But I am simply so pleased with these new ingredients I wanted to share them with you.

The first new ingredient is Allulose. Rather than being a sugar substitute, it's considered a rare sugar. It is not quite as sweet as cane sugar, but it's impact on our blood glucose levels is nominal. It simply doesn't behave like cane sugar. So it's a sugar we can eat with no glycemic impact. The other ingredient that's critical here is the flour. Most low carb and keto recipes use a whey protein blend to give it texture. I can't tolerate it. So for me the low carb substitute flours just haven't worked. I have to use nut flour, which often adds unwanted flavor, and doesn't quite provide the consistency. This new Lupin Flour is awesome. No funky taste and awesome texture. And it's plant protein, so well tolerated. Lastly I tried a new cocoa, a blend that was phenomenal to work with and tastes absolutely amazing. Now one tip... for a crackly crusty top, go ahead and heat the cocoa and sugar with the butter. I'm simply too lazy.

I can't wait to try some of my newest creations using the Lupin Flour and Allulose. The brownies are soooo good, I'm thinking everything else will be too. Now, if only I knew how to make homemade pasta. That's next on my list.

So, here they are, Brownies for those who can't have Brownies.

Ingredients:
1 Cup Allulose
1/2 Cup Cocoa
1/4 Cup Miracle Lupin Flour
2 Eggs
1 Stick Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 cup Chocolate chips or nuts

Preheat oven to 350, or for glass or dark non-stick use 325 oven. Grease an 8 x 8 square pan.
In large microwaveable bowl, or saucepan on the stove if you prefer, melt the butter. If melting on stovetop, remove and let cool.
Stir in the cocoa until smooth and shiny. Add the Allulose (sugar) and mix well. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Stir in the Vanilla. Add the flour and salt and mix well. Pour into pan and sprinkle your choice of chocolate chips or nuts on top. Banke for 20-25 minutes or less. Do not overbake. Let cool and enjoy.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny thing about Funny Bones