The Breakthrough is here...

Yup. Saw it on Facebook today. The Weight Loss Diet! Click here!
Wow. Who knew there could be such a thing. It must be the breakthrough we've all been waiting for. I mean a diet that promises weight loss. As opposed to what? The Weight Gain Diet? The eat till you blow up like a hippopotamus diet? Or I want to be a size 42 diet? The I hate my wardrobe and want an excuse to shop diet? Or my personal favorite, I want two seats on a plane diet?

And, what I'd really like to know is, with the intense target marketing tools available, which allows them to pinpoint precisely the exact people that are likely to click their ad, HOW THE HELL DID THEY KNOW I WAS FAT!

See I'm not all that paranoid about privacy, or lack therof, on Facebook. I have everything locked down pretty tight. If you aren't my friend, you can't see my stuff. And that includes my photos. So they can't possibly know. That means they are just guessing. This is very different of course from the GOP ads that pop up on my page. I'm sorry, but I clearly state in my info I am a liberal. That's l-i-b-e-r-a-l...not Conservative. Not Tea Partier. Not Palinite. So whoever's buying their ads is not properly using their tools. They are, in a nutshell, wasting money.

How can that be, you ask? They are supposed to be the money watchers. Penny pinchers. Cheapskates. And here they are throwing good money away trying to lure me into their social network. Where of course after a steady diet (there's that damn word again) of mishuggeneh propaganda I will be ready to offer up my hard earned money to further the cause.

Um...no. I do part with my money, naturally, I am a liberal. But I do it with panache. I do it with heart. I give to those who actually NEED it. Like today, I gave to the Chilean relief effort. And I hope you will all do the same. Even if all you can give is $5...better you should brighten one Chilean's day... than help the GOP darken ours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The evolving Brownie.

Funny thing about Funny Bones