Some say Paleo Some say Grain-free I say just eat well and enjoy

I know what you're thinking. That I'm going to say just eat what you want in moderation. Let's leave insanity aside for a moment. The reality is, I've spent decades... ok a long time... eons... eating the wrong foods for the right reasons. I am the chronic dieter who fails each and every time to lose weight and keep it off. I make yo yo dieting look like an improvement.

What I will share with you is this. Over the summer, I dropped 15 pounds. I've got a ways to go, but time is on my side. We're not talking water weight. Not targeted toning. Not "Wow that was easy" weight. 1-2 pounds a week. Slow and steady like a tortoise. 

I haven't given up my chocoholic ways. Too may nutritional benefits to chocolate to do so. I did give up some really stupid foods. Here they are in no particular order.

Bread. 
Corn.
Rice.
Potato. 
Cereal.
Sugar.
Pasta.
Pizza.
Peanuts.
Watermelon. 
Grain and hormone fed meats and dairy.
All wheat products. Yup. All of them.

You're thinking that doesn't sound too bad... well... except for {insert your favorite from the list above}.

So that's my question for the day. Which of these foods do you believe would make this style of eating not work for you? I'll do my best to provide a solution.

Breakfast anyone?
Blueberry Pancake. Really.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The evolving Brownie.

Funny thing about Funny Bones