The three qualities of a perfect Brownie

Brownies must be fudgy. They must be loaded with Chocolate. And they must melt in your mouth.

If you are diabetic, well, they have to be sugar free and grain free too.

Impossible. Well, as you know from my previous post, I thought so. But I managed a fair simulation of a good brownie anyway.

Now I have Swerve. I'm not running a commercial here folks. I'm deadly serious. I have a sweetener, natural, no side effects, that allows me to have my brownie in it's most decadent form.

That's it.  So, for anyone using my recipes, I highly recommend switching from the splenda to Swerve. Go back to equal equivalents to sugar in your recipes. The weight, feel, and baking qualities of sugar will come back to your confections. If you are not baking, use the Swerve confectioners to avoid granular texture.

So new and improved here we go:
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, I prefer Ghirardelli but use Baker's if you like.
3/4 cup Butter (organic) or Ghee
3/4 cup Almond Flour, sifted
1 1/2 cups Swerve
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
4 large organic eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Grease a 13 x 9 pan. Preheat oven to 350F.

Melt chocolate and butter together until Butter is melted. Continue stirring until Chocolate melts all the way down. Add the Swerve and Vanilla, continuing to mix well.
Add the Eggs, one by one, and blend well.
Mix in the flour, then fold in the nuts.
Pour into the pan, and bake at 350F for 23 minutes.
Let cool just enough to cut into 24 pieces, eat what you want, and refrigerate the rest, covered. Try not to eat all of them before you get to the fridge. If you can help it. When you're ready for more, reheat just a little bit in the microwave. Unlike other sugar free almond flour baked goods, these are NOT better cold. Seems that the Swerve actually improves the texture when heated up.
About 125 calories apiece.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The evolving Brownie.

Funny thing about Funny Bones