Oh Betty. I believe you've met your match.

So we decided to take those incredible chocolate pecan pie muffins and make a small cake. A celebration if you will. Hubby had undergone a little ACL repair on his knee, and we wanted to give him something special. I haven't mastered cake 101 for the grain free yet. So I thought I could transform the muffins into a cake like "thing" and of course, frost it.

Problem. I have yet to find a frosting that is exactly the right texture, flavor and most of all appearance, to meet my standards. I wanted something resembling the chemical compound found in the canned stuff. Just without the chemicals and the can.

So with a little haphazard ingredient selection, and some really wishful thinking, we forged ahead, my daughter and I.

And it most definitely tastes as good as it looks. Melt in your mouth delicious chocolate frosting.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup cream
4 tablespoons butter
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
3 tablespoons swerve
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla

Whip the cream and vanilla with the swerve until peaks form. 
In a separate bowl, melt chocolate and butter until butter is completely melted. Let stand so chocolate can finish melting, then whisk until smooth and glossy. Let cool for a minute or two, then slowly add to whipped cream mixture, a few spoons at a time. Mix well, until no streaks are left, then use the beaters to finish. 

That's eat. Refrigerate in airtight container and use later on your favorite cake or cupcakes or straight out of the container. We tried it out on our new creation, The ACL Pecan Cake. With a nod to my husband's Knee of course... it's A Chocolate Lover's Pecan Cake.

So using the muffin recipe, with a few tweaks, like adding baking soda and a few more minutes baking time, we poured the batter in an 8 x 8 pan and baked 30 minutes.

Let it cool, then frost and serve with some fresh berries. 

Now ask me again how I can live a life without grains and sugar! Piece of cake my friends.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The evolving Brownie.

Funny thing about Funny Bones