Low Carb Cheddar Biscuits

So after a day of experiments, not the least of which was dinner, I suddenly realized we needed something to go with the crazy casserole... something like, say, biscuits? And not willing to just have biscuits, I figured I'd go whole hog on this one.

The casserole was just a simple simmering beef and bean type but when you don't do potato, and I'm not willing to pretend that cauliflower is potato, you need some comfort food on the side.

Cheddar biscuits.



I know what you're thinking. That this is a photo of real cheddar biscuits, and you want to see what I really ended up with. Seriously, this is what I ended up with.
I started with a recipe I found online. http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/coconut-flour-cheddar-drop-biscuits and believe I appreciate it more than you'll know that these kindhearted souls share their recipes. That they usually had to beg borrow and steal from others and so on. 

Then of course there were the usual accidents. Like the garlic cap fell off, so the original pinch became a fistful. And heck I couldn't find the 1/4 teaspoon and had to guess... thus a few twists and turns!

So here goes. The final version.
1/3 cup coconut flour
4 eggs, well beaten
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion flakes or powder
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar (grated)

Preheat oven to 400 and coat a baking tray or use parchment
mix all the dry ingredients except the parsley in a bowl. Add the melted butter.
Add the beaten eggs and blend until very smooth and creamy
mix in the cheese and parsley.

Drop in heaping spoonfuls on the tray. I used a melon baller for sizing purposes. You can get about 10-12 out of this. Bake 15 minutes. They aren't perfect but they are damn good. The key to living a grain free life is understanding that perfection is unattainable. But deliciousness? That's within your grasp. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The evolving Brownie.

Funny thing about Funny Bones