Burnt peanuts without sugar? Oh but of course!

I had this urge for boston baked beans. No, not the kind in a can, the kind in a bag in the candy section at the store. I thought hmmm. How how how????

So I looked up recipes for them. And found a number of them. Very simple really. Cook some peanuts in sugar water. Except I don't do sugar. I Swerve. And Swerve I did.

And they were crunchy and crispy and sweet and incredible. I know because my husband, who for those who aren't aware, is as physically fit as you can be. An athlete, he can eat anything. He says these are amazing. You will too. 


So here goes. Use 1/2 cup Swerve per cup of raw spanish peanuts and 2 to 3 tablespoons water and a pinch of salt. Mix the Swerve, water and salt till blended (no heat), then, add the peanuts and heat the mixture till simmering stirring constantly. Keep cooking until the liquid is mostly evaporated, and then spread mixture out on a parchment lined tray. Bake for about 15 minutes in a 300 degree oven, remove and let cool for an hour or so. Don't cheat and taste them any sooner, they'll be soft. Wait. I mean it. Wait for it. The coating will become crispy like brittle and you will love love love it. Candy peanuts. And Carbs? Not a one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The evolving Brownie.

Funny thing about Funny Bones