Who says chocolate's not for breakfast?

I am on my last blueberry muffin to grab for a quick breakfast. I am admittedly tired of blueberry muffins. I want something yummy for breakfast. Something worth getting up for. I also had a terrible need to bake off my stress.

First up I had to take a break and mix up some Ice Cream batter for dessert tonight. More on that delectable delight later. Yes I said that.

So back to yummy breakfast. I opened the pantry and blindly started grabbing ingredients. That's the thing about being gggfree. My pantry is stocked with all things low carb and gluten free.

Almond flour. Ok, but I always use almond flour. I need some variety. Add some Hazelnut flour. I went to grab vanilla and thought... oooh... no.. hazelnust extract too. And cocoa. Lots of it. Swerve for my sugar fix. Hmmm. what else. Coffee. Yup some coffee too. It's breakfast after all.

Now we need some liquid. melted Butter, almond milk and eggs ought to do it.

Now we need a pan. Ceramic. Yup. cuts down on stickiness, paper liners and baking time.

And so it was. The Mocha Java Breakfast Muffin was born. These are just well, flat out delicious. As muffins go, this is probably my best yet. So enjoy.


Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup Hazelnut Flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup Swerve granular sweetener
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 stick melted organic butter
4 organic eggs
1/3 cup Almond Milk (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon Hazelnut Extract
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder

Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a ceramic muffin tin, or, line 12 muffin tin cups with paper liners. 
In large mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients. 
Add melted butter and extract. 
Mix in eggs, one at a time, then add almond milk and gently mix until well blended. 
Evenly fill muffin cups and bake 15-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Don't overbake. Let cool and refrigerate overnight for best results.

Update. Try this with Dark Cocoa and experiment with the nut flours. In this one, I use Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa, 1 cup peanut flour, 1/2 cup almond flour and 1/2 cup cashew flour. Spectacular. And no refrigeration needed for texture. You might add a drop or two of liquid Stevia since the cocoa is very rich.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The evolving Brownie.

Funny thing about Funny Bones