Saturdays in Tucson

So expecting a dark and stormy Saturday, I put on my baking apron and waited for the sun to disappear behind the angry clouds. And waited. And waited. But alas, it's another happy sunny day with no sign of rain. Yet.

So what to bake? I've had a few somewhat snippy, possibly angry, messages lately from blog readers wondering why nothing new is coming out. My blog is dry. Just like my surroundings. So I promised myself, a new recipe for today. I just don't know what that is. It'll be healthy, that much I can tell you. Hubby asked "do you have what you need?" Of course I do. 

It's just an idea of what to do with them I don't have. I was thinking Pecans though. I have a whole bagful. Fudge could be in order. Or not. Maybe I should go savory today. Big pot of soup. Or chile. Or some wild new salad combination. Nah. 

I'm just really out of zip. I'm tired. It's sunny. I have no motivation. Hang on. I do have motivation. Today is the day I'm going to try that new pretzel recipe. Yep. I saw someone attempt pretzels that are wheat and gluten free. They looked a little off though, so I'm going to attempt my own. We'll see what we get. Hang on. Wait. Zanthan gum? eeew. OK, let's go somewhere else today. Brownie land. Always a good place. This one from Pinterest... A paleo version of brownies with some modifications. I've been wondering for awhile what would happen if I added a little chocolate to the blondie recipe. On top of the chopped chocolate, of course. A little cocoa? Yum.

Here goes.

Wait for it. Smells good. That's a good sign.

Oh yeah. Looks good too. So this isn't my own recipe... nor anyone else's entirely. This one is about, well, trying out other recipes, a little tweaking and sharing when they actually work.


Chocolate Blondies for lack of a better description....

Preheat oven to 325f. Prep an 8x8 baking pan. 
In a large bowl, combine the following:
1 cup almond butter
1 Teaspoon Hazelnut Extract (or vanilla if you don't have it)
1/3 cup Swerve
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/3 cup cocoa
2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter (cocoa tends to make the batter a little dry)
1/4 cup chopped chocolate pieces (I prefer 72%)

Combine well and spoon into pan. Spread evenly. Bake 20 minutes and remove and place on cooling rack. Makes 16 brownies.




And yes. it tastes good. Crusty top, chewy center. Just like mom used to make.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The evolving Brownie.

Funny thing about Funny Bones