When virtual farming becomes a bit too real

So I had an epiphany today. I went to my farm, in Farmville, and lo and behold my crops had withered. Did I want to buy the unwithering potion and reverse time and bring them back to life? Only 30 Farmville Dollars. I only had 6. Though it seems if I kick in some real money, US Currency, my virtual bank account could increase and I could, in fact, save that farm.

Which made me realize that I'd been having fun in Farmville. But playtime is over, and it is becoming a tedious chore to maintain that place. Forget it. Zsa Zsa was right. Gimme Park Avenue. The whole experience for me was, for a time, quite enjoyable. In reality I can't grow a friggin Cactus. Just remembering to water it every 6 months or so it's just too much for me. But in Farmville, I grew the most amazing things! Roses and Corn and Watermelon and Pineapples. Potatoes and Rice and yes, even Tulips. It required so little effort. 2 minutes a day and I was handsomely rewarded with coins and pretty eggs and pieces of Gold. By Golly Minnie would be so proud!

Then Reality stepped in. I had to leave town for a few days. I was working so much I didn't have time for play. I was so exhausted at the end of a day I simply fell face down on that incredibly comfortable hotel bed, eyed the evil laptop on the desk with absolutely no intent on opening it up for any reason. And that's how it happened. One or two nights of neglect, and it all went south on me. And after all I'd given to the Farmville community, this was how it paid me back. By asking me to give not my time. Not my loyalty. But my real, hard earned cash.

Not happening. So farewell Farmville. This is one Desert Dweller who is just not interested. Maybe I'll go join Hubby over in Mafia World. Land. Town. Whatever. It'll probably keep me just as entertained... for just as long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The evolving Brownie.

Funny thing about Funny Bones